Accountants and Management Consultants
The seminar included a detailed presentation delivered by Mr. Panayiotis Nicolaou, External Consultant as well by our Audit Manager, Mrs Andri Antoniou. This practical seminar helped the participants to enhance their understanding regarding important aspects on Anti – Money Laundering and understand their crucial role as a first line of defense against money laundering. Also, participants were updated regarding audit planning and audit programmes and audit procedures in general as well as being informed about the new and revised Auditor’s report. The seminar included an interactive presentation combining theory and reference to real cases.
• Provide an understanding of what Money Laundering is and how it can affect an organization
• Provide general understanding of the Anti-Money Laundering laws
• Discuss the duties and responsibilities emanating from AML Legislation
• Develop participant’s knowledge regarding recognition and prevention of suspicious transactions
• Discuss “Know Your Customer” requirements
• Discuss real Money laundering case studies
• Provide an update on Audit procedure and documentation
• Indicate common deficiencies in Audit
• Developments and updates in audit reports and auditing developments
28-29 June 2016, Joannides Main Offices, Nicosia
AGN - 2016 EUROPEAN REGIONAL MEETING
9 - 11 June 2016, Munich, Germany
The 2016 European Regional Meeting was held at the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski München. The technical and social programmes contained the most up-to-date information in the industry, with social events highlighting the city. AGN member firms in Munich, Becker Büttner Held, Bohn Dollenmayer Dambeck, SH&C Group, and Wirtschaftstreuhand Group, extend a warm welcome to the meeting and the city they love.
2016 AGN WORLD CONGRESS
18-20 September 2016, Dublin, Ireland
An impressive 40 countries were represented at the conference and were immediately offered céad míle fáilte ‘a hundred thousand welcomes’ from the conference host Liam McQuaid from Duignan Carthy O’Neill. The conference at the Intercontinental Hotel in Dublin, ran over 3 days from 18 September and covered the following sessions:
• Updates on AGN’s strategic plans for 2017 and beyond
• International auditing, accounting and taxation technical sessions
• David Sneddon from Google discussed social media within professional services firms
• Barry O’Dowd presented the impact that Foreign Direct Investment has had in Ireland
• Kingsley Aikins gave insights into International Networking & Crowd Funding
• Niall ‘Bressie’ Breslin (Irish musician and former Leinster Rugby player) discussed mental fitness
2017 AGN EUROPEAN REGIONAL MEETING
8 - 10 June 2017 | Kempinski Hotel Corvinus
Members from across Europe gathered at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus to learn, meet new members, and connect with each other over three days to exchange ideas and best practices, around 100 attendees. The new AGN International - Europe Chair, Richard Hempe commented, “This was a valuable and enjoyable event. Members benefited from an excellent technical and social agenda, as well as some great networking and relationship building opportunities in beautiful Budapest.”
SOUND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS - CONTEMPORARY ENTERPRISES
It is with great pleasure to announce that Joannides + Co has been successfully certified with the Sound Industrial Relations 2014 Model. The Model is part of the “Sound Industrial Relations - Contemporary Enterprises” project, which is co-funded by the Republic of Cyprus and the European Social Fund of the European Union.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) – Professional Scepticism, Ethics and Independence
The purpose of the seminar was to offer a comprehensive approach to GDPR compliance and inform participants about the significant changes, challenges and impact arising from the new Regulation. Also, the seminar aimed to improve the skills and knowledge of participants on how to apply effective professional judgment and scepticism in an audit engagement.
The speakers of the seminar were Mr. Panikos Nicolaou (external consultant) as well as Mrs Andri Antoniou (Audit Manager of the company).
07 - 08 May 2018, Joannides Main Offices, Nicosia
2019 LIMASSOL MARATHON
5km Corporate Race
Joannides Running Team at the 2019 Limassol Marathon.
23 March 2019
ITSG - 2019 SPRING EUROPEAN CONFERENCE
10 - 11 May 2019, Lisbon, Portugal
CYPRUS INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS WEEK
10 - 11 May 2019, Limassol, Cyprus